Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh Lawdy Here We Go Again!

Pin It

Hey y'all! My name's Shannon. I've got a few other blogs my main one is here,  and my other one is here (although I don't get to it very often, can't imagine why).

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I Don't make Resolutions because I think that too often they're unrealistic and we set ourselves up for failure with them. So instead of "Resolutions" I just "Resolve" to "Try".  You know to Try Harder, to Try More... You get the idea.

I resolved this year to 1- Make more time for myself. (See I would have already been failing there) However, I am going to look at this blog as a way to that by maybe forcing myself to get out more and explore what my local region has to offer. I do after all, live in an amazing area, so maybe it's not a fail, just a baby step toward a win. 2- Make my finances a Priority so I could sell my house, buy a condo and start putting more money towards retirement. This is what really got me started thinking, just yesterday, about yet another blog *groan* *eye roll* because YES, ABSOLUTELY!, What the world needs is another Blog. (More about this in a minute, You can jump down if you have to (: ) 3- Make more time for Family and Friends. 4- Work on my other business, which will of course help out #2. If you want to help out with that or just see some great cards and papercrafting techniques and some links to other sites hop on over there, but not till you're done here. 5- Finish my degree and start on my next life phase (don't even get me started *BIG Head Shake* 6- Finish my first novel which is about halfway done and get the second one started, the characters are already swimming around in my head.

Lucky for me, I'm an empty nester and my boyfriend's job keeps us separated for long periods at a time so I have all this free time to spend, right?

So, back to my epiphany yesterday, I was watching The Playoffs, were you watching? And Blogging about being able to save money every time I bought gas. Did you hear me? Every time I bought gas in town! Then I thought, "Why should just my stamping peeps get to be in the know?" But, then I thought, "Well my Stampin blog is mainly for Stamping & Designing, (it's primarily a Creative blog) and what if I wanted to start putting other neat ideas out there for others?" HMMMMM
I got up yesterday morning and after the week I had was craving comfort food and wanted pancakes but wanted something more than just pancakes and more than even just Chocolate Chip pancakes, so you know what I made, Pancakes with chopped up mini Reece's cups. O. M. GEEEEE! They were Soooo GOOD! They were like Shelly from Cookies&Cups Good, or Bakerella Good or Annie's-Eats Good! I realized in the middle of making them how good they were going to be but it was too late then to take pictures with my crappy picture taking BB, so I'll have to do that next time, but I thought maybe my design blog isn't the best place for my comfort food but a blog sharing blog would be just right.

Now trust me on this when I tell you- I'm never gonna be as funny as Shelly or Shelly and Kristan or as talented a cooker or baker as those other fine ladies and that's ok because I'll just send you to their sites. Let's face it, a lot of the time, they've done the recipe searches for us a head of time anyways. What I will do is pass on whatever money-saving, or time saving tips I can find or fun things I can find to do or maybe just something new that interest me. I'll do it for as long as I can find stuff out there (which with all the stuff out there hopefully will be a while, maybe I'll get some sponsors- Hey Wineries listen -up!) and as long as I can find the time to keep up with it. This will definitely not be an everyday blog, but I hope that you will Google friend me, or put me on your reader or sign up for e-mail alerts so you know when something new comes out.

Well that's all for this post- the good news is the next post isn't far behind. In fact, it's only moments away.
I hope to see you soon.
Till next time-

Be Safe, (If you want to know where this come from you have to go here)
ShanPin It

No comments:

Post a Comment